Tuesday 9 January 2024

Editing video feedback and learner response

Editing video feedback and learner response


1) Type up your feedback/comments from your teacher.

Sohail

  •  Creative, entertaining, funny - perfectly reflective of modern YouTube conventions and culture
  •  However, it doesn't meet the brief - aside from the 180°rule. Lack of Match on action- The use of dissolve
  • transitions completely Kills continuity editing.
  •  Audio levels are a little uneven on OTS shot - reverse -shot but the OTS shots were well framed (focus wobbled through).

2) Type up your feedback from fellow students.


WWW:
  • Fade in and Fade out
  • 180° shot
  • good editing
  • shot/reverse shot
EBI: 
  • match on action not clear
  • audio muffled 
  • transitions broke continuity 
3) Now reflect on your video. Did you meet the brief and successfully include the three key editing aspects we have learned?

my video sort of meet the brief. I included shot/reverse shot and the 180° rule however some other rules were broken. This created an opening for a break in atmosphere and allusion.

4) What were the strengths and weaknesses of your final film? Write a detailed analysis picking out specific shots, edits and any other aspect of film language you think is relevant.

I felt like my strengths were that my editing and choice of clips to add onto to the footage gauged a positive impact on the audience as people were laughing at the memes and also extra audio clips. I also liked how synced Muhammed's transitioning walk was from outside the room to inside then onto a chair. My film had a good 180° shot and the shot/reverse shot worked perfectly in my favour.

However, a big issue in my film was that dissolves were being used constantly, breaking the flow of the story and continuity. On top of this in some scenes the audio was muffled a little and the match on action wasn't clear and was done poorly in my opinion.

5) Learner response: what aspect of editing did you find most difficult? What have you learned from this process that will help you when you start the actual coursework later this year? 

The majority of the editing wasn't as hard as It should've technically been at this stage but since I've grown more accustomed to adobe premiere over the years this has helped me tremendously. The real aspect of editing that I found difficult was choice such as what clios to add on top if the footage and where on the screen to put them. 

From all of this trial and error I have learned that using dissolved is a symbol of passing of time so using it in the context that I did completely broke continuity which I will make sure to make a note of and to use it in the correct context.

Learning more features and uses for adobe premiere will prove helpful when the time comes to make actual coursework as the things that I can do with the program will have broadened which will help me create better video projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capital: Case study blog tasks

  Capital : Case study blog tasks Work through the following tasks to build a detailed case study for Capital . This will give you plenty of...